BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 28, 2009

Traveling can't always be perfect....

So this year David spoiled me by sending me home for 10 days (even though he could only come for 5 of them) for Christmas. I had an amazing trip and so much fun with my mommy and friends and family. Sometimes I miss Delaware like crazy.


Usually I'm a picture freak on these trips but this time I just relaxed and enjoyed the ride. The days before Dave arrived involved two snowed in days, a trip to Granite Run for year-round Rita's, cancelled church (which was a bummer believe it or not), taking my mommy to Costco, because she has a BJ's membership, shopping, loving on my little Syd-monster (who is a professional reader and charmer), and other family and friends visiting. Oh did I mention the food? Subs, soft pretzels, pizza, Herr's chips, Tastykakes....I could go on, but it's making me hunger and I've gotta get under control before our Phoenix trip, which is friday, but more on that later.

David came in the Tuesday before Christmas and we just loved Christmas with my family. I love how well we seem to come together, regardless of how insane or different or far away. I feel like an 8 year old again in that house, being harassed by my sisters and all. Speaking of the house, it is getting a major make-over. Our porch is now a laundry room, the floors and windows replaced, bathrooms redone, and every single couch is a sofa bed now, since we've started increasing our numbers.

After Christmas we decided to go to NYC for a day. Too bad it was pouring rain, but we still had fun, we hit up the NYPD museum, saw "The Fantasticks" and ate at the Seinfeld restaurant (Monks) and headed home to pack our bags. Packing was an ordeal, Santa was very generous this year and we each had two full bags coming home, having borrowed one from my momma. Our flight left early out of Philly so we could get home for Dave to get to work on Monday, even if there was some delay. We even made our layover in Las Vegas to avoid snow delays. So we arrive two hours before, because it is the Sunday after Christmas. Well, the lines were out of hand. We waited in line for two hours and had to be re-routed. Then the counter lady told us there was no way for us to get to Boise before 2:30 Monday. This meant Dave would miss another day of work, and we were not happy, but we decided to make the best of it and booked a 4:15 pm flight to Vegas, and we would then catch the flight Monday back to Boise after some In & Out Burger and a night in our favorite hotel there. This was 8 am after two hours in line but we still decided to go back to my parents until our 4:15 flight. So my mom comes to get us, which means she didn't make it to church but I think I'm worth it. My dad made us all a huge breakfast and I got to say good-bye to Sydney who kept asking "I go Idaho with you, MerMer?" which made me a little sad but it was so cute. So this time we went back the airport at 12:30 to allow plenty of time for lines. However, this time there was pretty much no line and we made it up to our gate before 1:30. But at least we made flight, despite sitting in the airport for 3 extra hours. About this time we got some good news. There was a flight to Boise at 7:15 from Vegas. The problem was our flight landed at 7:05. Even if we made the flight our bags probably wouldn't but Dave needed to work so we grabbed those tickets and prayed. Well, we got mega lucky, our plane landed half an hour early and both us and our bag made the flight home. We started our morning at 5 am (3 am Boise time) , and got in a little past 10 pm. We had to go get our puppy though, and so we did. She is now contently sleeping in my lap.

All in all in was a great trip minus our fiasco leaving. And we leave on Friday for the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix, and in-between we need to do Christmas with Dave's family and celebrate New Years! We are busy people! It's not our fault we are so popular!

0 comments: